View as Grid List
- Usually ships in 14 daysDexter Russell 49542 Basics 6" Cleaver#255773Boelter Price: $26.69 / EACase Pack: 6EA
- Usually ships in 14 daysDexter Russell 5387 Traditional 7" Cleaver (08070)#181424Boelter Price: $49.32 / EACase Pack: 2EA
- Usually ships in 14 daysDexter Russell S5287 Traditional 7" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08220)#133199Boelter Price: $55.32 / EACase Pack: EA
- Usually ships in 14 daysDexter Russell S5288 Traditional 8" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08230)#123478Boelter Price: $64.76 / EACase Pack: 1EA
- Usually ships in 14 daysDexter Russell S5289 Traditional 9" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08240)#254825Boelter Price: $66.70 / EACase Pack: 2EA
- Usually ships in 1-2 daysDexter Russell S5387PCP Sani-Safe 7" Cleaver (08253)#245885Boelter Price: $55.73 / EACase Pack: 2 EA
The cleaver is often portrayed as the hatchet, or the axe, of the kitchen. While the knife is shaped and designed for sheer momentum, a high quality cleaver will have a blade that holds a razor sharp edge for tackling more precise work. Typically used for cutting poultry joints, splitting lobsters, and breaking down larger cuts of meat, the cleaver has also been known to slice and dice celery, radishes and carrots. And it’s not bad for flattening garlic or ginger either. Perfectly balanced square blades and short handles allow chefs and butchers to apply the appropriate amount of pressure to the meat, bones, and shells. You want to avoid the sawing motion, and chop quickly, so look for a high-carbon stain resistant blade that is ground and honed to maintain a sharp edge.