- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell 5096 Traditional 6" Cleaver (08010)#DEXT5096Boelter Price: $22.34 / EA
- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell 5387 Traditional 7" Cleaver (08070)#DEXT5387Boelter Price: $34.80 / EA
- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell S5287 Traditional 7" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08220)#DEXTS5287Boelter Price: $44.33 / EA
- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell S5288 Traditional 8" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08230)#DEXTS5288Boelter Price: $43.70 / EA
- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell S5289 Traditional 9" Heavy-Duty Cleaver (08240)#DEXTS5289Boelter Price: $45.01 / EA
- Usually Ships in 10 DaysDexter Russell S5387PCP Sani-Safe 7" Cleaver (08253)#DEXTS5387PCPBoelter Price: $39.31 / EA
The cleaver is often portrayed as the hatchet, or the axe, of the kitchen. While the knife is shaped and designed for sheer momentum, a high quality cleaver will have a blade that holds a razor sharp edge for tackling more precise work. Typically used for cutting poultry joints, splitting lobsters, and breaking down larger cuts of meat, the cleaver has also been known to slice and dice celery, radishes and carrots. And it’s not bad for flattening garlic or ginger either. Perfectly balanced square blades and short handles allow chefs and butchers to apply the appropriate amount of pressure to the meat, bones, and shells. You want to avoid the sawing motion, and chop quickly, so look for a high-carbon stain resistant blade that is ground and honed to maintain a sharp edge.